Hydrogen/Fuel Cell News
- Renewable Energy World LIVE - 2014 Edition - Starts Now
Renewable energy stakeholders from all across the world, representing all facets of the industry, have gathered Orlando, Fla. for one of the best all-inclusive renewable energy events of the year. Renewable Energy World Conference and Expo North America, co-located with POWER-GEN International, Nuclear Power International and the Financial Forum are convening for Power Generation Week, an action-packed five days complete with educational sessions, technical tours, workshops, award ceremonies, keynote addresses, networking breakfasts, parties and so much more.
- A ?Business? Model for Expanding Renewable Energy: The New Mexico Production ...
The State of New Mexico now has a total renewable generation capacity that is over 1 million kilowatts. This huge milestone for renewable energy in New Mexico would have not been realized so soon without the NM Renewable Energy Production Tax Credit (REPTC). The REPTC is not just a credit on taxes owed, it is a refundable credit and can be allocate
- Shining a Light on Women Leaders in the Power Industry
In early 2013, a group of women, dubbed the Women in Power committee, assembled in Orlando, Florida to figure out how to honor women who have dedicated their careers to the power industry. The industry is male-dominated with men making up more than 75 percent of the workforce, according to estimates.
- DOE Loan Guarantee Program Vilified by Republicans Turns a Profit
The U.S. expects to earn $5 billion to $6 billion from a federal loan program, bolstering President Barack Obama?s decision to back low-carbon technologies.
- Carbon Breakthrough: US, China Make Milestone Agreement to Fight Climate Change
President Barack Obama pledged deeper U.S. cuts in greenhouse-gas emissions and China will for the first time set a target for capping carbon emissions under an agreement between the world?s two biggest economies.
- Moving Beyond Utility 2.0, To Energy Democracy
The transformation taking place in the electricity system is enormous, and the prescribed solution ? a version 2.0 electric utility ? offers a way for utilities to remain financially solvent, even profitable, in a massively decentralized and renewable energy system. The prescription is powerful: radically change the desired outcomes of the electri
- PennWell Corporation Announces the POWER-GEN 2014 Woman of the Year Finalists
The Power-Gen 2014 Women in Power committee is pleased to announce the finalists for the Power-Gen 2014 Woman of the Year Award.
- US Midyear Elections Offer Opportunities and Challenges for Renewable Energy
Every time the U.S. holds midyear elections, the country almost always goes against the incumbent President?s party, which is always sobering to whomever holds The White House. And this week?s elections were no exception.
- UN Sees Irreversible Damage to Climate Caused by Fossil Fuels
Humans are causing irreversible damage to the planet from burning fossil fuels, the biggest ever study of the available science concluded in a report designed to spur the fight against climate change.
- Are Environmental Regulations Causing US Utility Bills to Surge?
U.S. electricity markets face years of higher prices as clean-air regulations shut more coal-fired power plants than earlier forecast, cutting supply and forcing producers to rely more on natural gas.
- EU Leaders Agree To Tough Carbon Regulations to Spur Renewable Energy Develop...
European Union leaders backed the most-ambitious carbon emissions goals of any major economy, in a bid to crank up pressure on the U.S. and China ahead of climate talks in December.
- The Next Revolution: Discarding Dangerous Fossil Fuel Accounting Practices
The green revolution and, in particular, renewable energy products such as solar power, wind turbines, geothermal and algae-based fuels are not waiting for viable technology ? it already exists in many forms. What they are waiting for is a massive sea change in our antiquated financial accounting systems.
- The 51st State: What?s Your Ideal Energy Market?
Imagine a place where there is no electricity market. No rules, no policies, no market. A clean slate. This is what the Solar Energy Power Association (SEPA) calls the 51st State, a new initiative to get people to think outside the box when it comes to utility design and infrastructure.